This crowdfund campaign comes at a vital time for the farm as we seek to improve accessibility and carry out important maintenance works. In order to do this, we will be resurfacing our car park to create new spaces, and cutting back the hedges to the fence line so that wheelchairs are able to safely navigate through to the farm. This will also make the farm better for nesting, as we will plant more manageable hedgerows, and add matting to the seeding. We want our farm to be looking its best as we seek to attract more visitors than ever before and inspire them to become more actively involved, either through volunteering or our education programme.
What we’ll deliver:
- Better access to all attractions, fields and benches for all visitors
- More disabled parking spaces close to the farm and café
- Better access for all students including disabled, to the outdoor classrooms and attractions
- Updated information signage accessible for all
- Enjoyment and education for all will be of a higher quality
Why it’s a great idea:
We are a working farm with an educational slant. We have rare breeds and small animal handling, and our aim is to reach as many people with the right information, so that understanding of the farm and countryside is passed onto all generations.
Steps to get it done:
- Each area that is cleared will make more parking.
- More disabled parking
- the more visitors the more we can improve the learning programme
We have a very committed staff and volunteer group who are all motivated to make the farm an accessible and memorable visiting experience. With better facilities and more visitors we will be able to make our team even bigger therefore creating more opportunities to get involved with our work.
If you would like to back this project, please proceed by opening the following link: https://www.spacehive.com/more-disabled-parking-spaces
Gorse Hill City Farm